Monday, May 3, 2010

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...
(Summary from Amazon)

OVERALL RATING ( 4 out of 5) :
Photobucket

Alright so after seeing the Twilight movies and being around people that are obsessed to the max, I'd lost my liking for it. This book rekindled the fire though. I usually don't read graphic novels so I was pretty happy when I ended up enjoying this book. I cannot explain how beautiful the pictures were. I don't know how to explain them. There were some that looked so life-like.The only thing that bugged me was the transitions between scenes. There didn't seem to be any at all. I don't know if thats common in graphic novels or not but I found it very slightly tricky to follow because of that. I wish this was the whole Twilight book but it was only up to the meadow scene so it left you at a cliffhanger. Even though I already know the story It did make me eager to read the next one. Bring on volume 2! Soon please. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the book & I do agree with the lack of transitions for the scenes. It jumped around a lot, but you are also right, that it's common in graphic novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA!!! I like that we all have 3 different views on this graphic novel. It is exciting to read others review, and see what they thought of it.

    ReplyDelete