Sunday, January 2, 2011

End of 2010 Survey

This looked fun to fill out... I got this from Ella at The Clock Monkey who got it from Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. Visit both their blogs!!

FYI: This survey is full of Vampire Academy. Sorry, I read the whole series this year (:

1. Best Book of 2010
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. Fashooooo! Hahaha yes I did just add that. Richelle ended this series sooo well. Even though Rose didn't end up with my man choice, I was still contempt. 600 pages of kick-ass content. :D Now gimme-gimme-gimme Bloodlines!

2. Worst Book of 2010
Push by Sapphire. This book should have a huge sign on it saying TMI. Ugh. My sister's coworker was raving about it and made her read it and then my sister made me read it...never again.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Before everyone goes all crazy on me, I have to say that I did like it. But that's it, only liked it. This didn't five me the 'wow factor' of the first two. By the end of the book, I didn't much like Gale or Peeta either. Therefore, disappointment.

4. Most Surprising Book (in a good way!) in 2010
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Alot of people like his books but I usually only find them ooookay. But this one, O. M. G. I cried soooo much. Now one of my favorite books. Oh, and by the way, the book is better than the movie ;)
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. I loved this book so much! This was the first book I had read by Rachel (and I believe it is her first published) so I wasn't sure what I was going to swim into but I flew through it so quick and I am so ready for book two. Feb 15th baby!! Well, at first I thought it was coming out in March, but then the publication date on goodreads changed to February. Can anyone confirm any information for me??
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Okay, I had to include this book. A girl that I know kept telling me to read this series but I was hesitant because I was getting worn out with the whole vampire subject. But I decided to ask for the box set of the first three for christmas, and when I started book one I would not put it down and soon enough book two and three were finished also. Needless to say, this is now one of my favorite series. TEAM ADRIAN! :)

5. Book You Recommended to People Most in 2010
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
They're amazing. That is all.

6. Best Series Discovered in 2010
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

7. Favorite New Authors of 2010
Rachel Hawkins and Richelle Mead

8. Most Hilarious Read of 2010
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.
I didn't really like the book though.

9. Most Thrilling Unputdownable Book of 2010
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins.
Anything Kate Brian

10. Book You Anticipated the Most for 2010
Spirit Bound, Last Sacrifice, Mockingjay, Kate Brian books.

11. Favorite Cover of a Book You read in 2010
Hex Hall, every Vampire Academy, The Last Song (with the turtles)

12. Most Memorable Character in 2010
Rose, Dimitri, and Adrian from Vampire Academy.

13. Most Beautifully Written Book in 2010
Honestly, I don't really pay attention to writing. But the most beautiful story was probably If I Stay by Gayle Foreman.

14. Book that had the Greatest Impact on You in 2010
The Last Song. I haven't cried that much since I read Marley & Me. (:

15. Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2010 to Finally Read
Vampire Academy. Hands down.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! vampire academy is SUCH a great series :) you mentioned some awesome books, and i've been wanting to read Hex Hall for ages. also the only thing stopping me from reading The Last Song is miley's face, but i guess i should probably give it a try since you loved it :p awesome post!

    ReplyDelete