Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Books in Review

FIRST OFF: Guys, all I can say is sorry for being a very bad blogger. I'm done making promises I can't keep. Whoever still follows, please forgive me. :)

Second, below I typed some very brief reviews of the books I read in 2010. Many of the books I read in 2010 were school books and sorry but no way am I giving those anymore attention. That's why I didn't get to read as much this year. Leave comments! :)

Vampire Academy Series: 5/5
Frostbite: 5/5
Vampire Academy: 5/5
Shadow Kiss: 5/5


Blood Promise: 4/5
Spirit Bound: 4/5
Last Sacrifice: 5/5

Seriously, these books were and are amazing.
TEAM ADRIAN 4EVER! ;)
____________________________________________
Pretty
Little
Liars






Perfect: 4/5
Unbelievable: 4/5
Wicked: 4/5

I think most people would shun me for not giving these 5's. I do enjoy reading these it's just I honestly wouldn't have a hard time putting them down. I don't think any of the characters are very likeable. Have yet to finish the rest of the series.
____________________________________________

I read these books because they were being made into movies.

The Last Song: 5/5
Now one of my favorite books. The last 100 pages were brutal on me. You could say I was bawling my eyes out. Lolz. I definitely think the book was way better.

Beastly: 3/5
This book was just an "eh" for me. I will certainly be showing up to the movie but not because I loved the book. Of course they moved the release date from this past summer to like, this spring er something. Whatever movie people, whatever. ;p

____________________________________________


Living Dead in Dallas: 4/5

Ahhhh True Blood, how I love you. I read each book after each season airs to see what the differences were and such. Only a few things are different but they're both good. :) SPOILER: I am extremely glad that they didn't kill off Lafayette in the show. THANK YOU TRUE BLOOD WRITERS!

____________________________________________

Percy Jackson Series: 3/5

I could also quite possibly be shunned for this rating also. Again, these books were good. I loved the stories but I had a hard time relating to the characters seeing at they were all in middle school and I'm almost out of high school. Sorry :/

The Lightning Thief: 4/5
The Sea of Monsters: 3/5
The Titan's Curse: 3/5
The Battle of the Labyrinth: 4/5
The Last Olympian: 3/5
____________________________________________






Private Series:

#11 Scandal: 4/5
#12 Vanished: 4/5
Prequel: The Book of Spells: 4/5

Privilege Series:

#4 Sweet Deceit: 5/5
#5 Pure Sin: 3/5





____________________________________________

Mockingjay: 3/5

Again with the shunning ;p Well this book was a disappointment for me. I did like the way things ended but this wasn't nearly as good as the first two. Oh and by the end of this book I didn't much like either Peeta or Gale so.. meh.


____________________________________________
Rampant: 3/5
Th
is was better than I thought it was gonna be but I sorta had to work my way through it. I'm still
excited to read the next book pretty soon!

If I S
tay: 3/5
I thought this was going to be better than it was for me because everyone was raving about it. It was really sad but heart warming at the same time. I may or may not read the next one. It so
unds good so I put it under the countdowns.

Tw
ilight Graphic Novel: 4/5
The book was better ;p But I was happy to find that I enjoyed it more than I thought I was. Twili
ght has become annoying for me because of the movies.. bleh.

Hex Hall: 5/5
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!! I am so excited for the new one to come out.
____________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment